Sunday, March 9, 2014

Beets!!!

I love these beets!  I used to grab them all the time and throw them into my shopping cart without looking.  Now that I am reading everything before buying, I decided to check out the ingredients.  The ones I picked up below are perfect.  Very tasty.  They have other flavors that I used to buy and when I went to look at the ingredients on those, they all had added sugar.  So, I put those back.  Beets naturally have enough sugar in them, so there is no need to add it.  They are also very high in Vitamin C and Iron. As well as a good source of dietary fiber, folate, potassium, and manganese.  Theya re great to throw in a salad, or eat on their own as a quick afternoon snack!






2 comments:

  1. I love the texture of beets! I never knew that some beets came with added sugars. I plan to be more aware of that if I end up buying beets too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tracey! I know, I was surprised. I'm sure it's not too much added sugar, but I am really trying to get away from extra sugar that I find unnecessary. These are great!

      Delete