Sunday, March 9, 2014

New Kitchen Gadgets!


Since going raw/vegan I have been making tons of salads!  That can get pretty lame and boring after a while! So I have been getting creative with my ingredients. It's also more time consuming then you think.  I was cutting/chopping each individual vegetable or fruit that was going into the bowl.  Until…. the Salad Chopper from Prepara!  




I love this!  Now, I can throw everything into a bowl, and chop it up quickly and easy!  I had marinated beets, broccoli, shitake mushrooms, with a mix of lettuce.



Here is my end result! I put a little Balsamic Vinegar on top and was ready to go.  I used to use olive oil  on my salads as well.  I thought it was considered a healthy oil.  While it is still a "healthier" choice then animal fats, it is not necessary in our diets.  While it is made up of mostly mono saturated fats, it is still 14% saturated fats, no nutritional value, and a whooping 120 calories per tablespoon.  Here is a quick easy read on olive oil



No comments:

Post a Comment