Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Day 30







I made it!!  My 30 day Juice Cleanse from Juice Press finished up today.  I feel great!  I continued training while on the juice, making gains in my lifting and still kicking ass in the ring!  I have to thank Marcus Antebi for this opportunity and creating a well balanced juice company.  They leave nothing out.  Everything you need to lead a healthy lifestyle is in these juices.  I am also thankful to my trainer Steve Milles who did the cleanse along with me.  He will continue to encourage me to make healthy choices, and stick to vegan, and mostly raw options.  I did a beef question/answer for Juice Press.  I feel it covers everything I'd want to say.  So here it is…………..


What was your motivation?
I’m a big fan of Juice Press products; from juices and smoothies, to the raw food options, soups and snacks, I’ve tried them all. My most recent experience with juicing was last summer when I had to cut 12 lbs for a fight. (I’m a professional muay thai fighter and losing weight before fights is just part of the job.) So, I did a 6-week stent of juicing half-days. I wasn’t sure what to expect and was amazed by the outcome. I not only lost the weight but also felt great — full of energy — going into the fight.

When I was given the opportunity to do a 30-day full on juice cleanse, I was both excited and nervous. Excited because I knew it would be just the thing I needed to clean up my act, as I was, sad to say, still eating and drinking as if it were the holiday season. The few extra pounds I had put on were making themselves known: My jeans were getting a little tight and my energy levels were down. I was also nervous because I didn’t know if I could truly do a juice cleanse for 30 days and still maintain my workout schedule.

Weight before and after?
As I mentioned, part of my motivation to do the 30-day cleanse was to lose weight. However, I actually don’t weigh myself unless it’s for a fight. Instead, I go by how I’m feeling (energy, mood, etc.) and how my clothes fit. And, I know I’ve lost weight because my clothes definitely feel more roomy and comfortable since being on the cleanse. Also, my friends tell me I’m “deflating.”

Favorite juices?
It's really hard for me to pick a favorite juice! They’re all different, with unique tastes and vibes. dr. earth is a great combo of mother earth and dr. green — blending super greens and sweet fruit with a zing of ginger.

Favorite smoothies?
Wow, so difficult to choose from so many great-tasting smoothies. If I were forced to pick one, I’d go with fountain of youth. It’s a complete meal packed with protein, omega 3 and 6, amino acids, electrolytes, antioxidants, and fiber. The hemp protein is easy to digest and readily available for my body to use. Not to mention, it’s pre-bottled, so I can grab and go!

Did the cleanse affect your lifestyle?
These past 30 days have blown me away. I thought I’d drop a few pounds while trying some great juices and smoothies. I never expected the ride I’ve been on since I started the cleanse. My energy levels are at an all time high, and they’re consistent without the ups and downs I typically experience throughout a day. My job has me awake bright and early in the morning with a late bedtime. In the past, I’ve coped with this by taking a nap during my mid-day break. Not so on the cleanse! I never hit the afternoon slump so could get things done during the day instead of napping. And, at night I feel like my sleep is so much deeper and more efficient.

Other effects: I’ve maintained my normal training schedule, and made gains during them. Also, my friends have commented on how my skin is glowing. And, something I never expected happened. I never hit the winter blues. Like most people, I hit a slump come February/March when the holidays are over, and it's dark and cold outside. I was able to find a natural buzz that kept my spirits lifted through one of the longest and coldest winters in NYC to date.

Do you plan on changing your eating habits after the cleanse?

I’ve spent a lot of my free time researching new smoothie recipes and raw food options. I’m now much more aware of how dairy, sugar, and processed foods impact and limit my health and happiness. After the cleanse, I plan to remove dairy and processed foods from my diet and explore new ways to prepare and enjoy foods. And of course, I will do a week juice cleanse here and there to keep me on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment