Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Lunch With The Girls!




Starting to eat whole foods again today!  I still started the morning off with GLO from Juice Press.  I love this juice.  It is the perfect way to start my day.  It taste so clean and refreshing.  One of my best friends and her daughter wanted to celebrate my return to foods as well as a fresh start to eating vegan and as close to raw as I can.  I'm thinking 70% of the time is a good aim!  We went to One Lucky Duck.  A raw/vegan take away stop that is the sister to New York's Pure Food and Wine.  They have a small eating area inside which was perfect for us.  Very comfy and cozy on yet another snowy NYC day.  There have smoothies, juices, cookies, and desserts, plus a variety of supplements and even dog treats and toys!  I knew I'd love this place!!!

We decided on the Portabella and Hemp Seed Burger and the Zucchini and Greenhouse Tomato Lasagna.  These dishes did not disappoint! What I loved the most was, I could taste all the different flavors of the vegetables.  They were so fresh and popped in your mouth.  Definitely a different taste from cooking veggies.  The 3 of us wiped the plates clean!  It wouldn't have been a celebratory lunch without a raw/vegan dessert.  Ryo and I decided on the Raspberry cheese cake pop and Passa had the peanut butter cupcake.  We all tasted both desserts.  Before this experience, I was a dessert freak!!  I could eat cake and cookies all day if you would let me.  These were very nice.  Not too "sugary"  It was a nice change from the sugar spike of the desserts I once had.

Training:

1 Mile Run
Snatches and Handstands.  10 Snatched R/L with 14kg bell.  30 Sec Handstand Holds in between sets. 5 sets total.

Headstand leg raises for core work

Muay Thai:  Pad work!! 5- 4Min Rounds with my Trainer.  Then I held for him.  We both laughed as I went flying on his first kick.  I am definitely lighter!

No comments:

Post a Comment